Saturday, July 25, 2009

Just a bump in the road...

So I had the wonderful intentions of posting more regular for the 2 people who actually read this, but as the title states, I hit a bump in the road. I had moved my classroom and unpacked at Discovery which was to be my new home next year. I was actually really excited about this new adventure as mentioned in the last post. But because our California government continues to dig deeper into debt, they decided to cut education EVEN MORE. Over half of the cuts in California have been made to education. I guess they figure, we don't need smart people in our state. Maybe it's because it might be easier for our government officials just to leave the state when it gets really bad!! Unfortunately, those of us with homes, family, friends, jobs, etc. don't have that luxury. Anyhow, enough of my venting. My district did not do layoffs in March like everyone else. It seemed like a dream come true. More like, too good to be true. They decided it would be necessary to do layoffs in June though. So I recieved my pink slip and am merely waiting until the final decision is made. It's not how I intended to spend my summer, nor is it fair that I have to play this waiting game. So my bump in the road of life has prompted me not to post any updates. It's been a bit depressing.

However, life does go on. I was in Las Vegas for our national dance competition earlier this month. Although the competition was smaller than ever, we still had fun. Our girls did really well. My little girls did fabulous! They won 2 times in different categories. They also won in the Platinum competition. My little sleeper dance though, Classroom Chaos, did really good too. I was shocked when they announced it had won 1st place in the Platinum competition out of 68 numbers. Coincidentally, we tied ourselves for that place. Anyway, it was a good week. I was ready to come home!!
My little girls

Lauren and Kya

The four of us.

Me and Kassi before the banquet.


Until next time...whenever that will be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, that sucks!! I hope the don't shoot themselves in the foot and lose you as a teacher! Ugh California makes me angry! I looked at all the vegas pictures on skibs page I think, I can't believe how huge all those little girls are! So strange! Very cute pics though, and congrats to your girls!!!!