Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Kindergarten Update...

Life in Kindergarten...is well... SUPER FUN! I can honestly say I am having a lot of fun with my class. I have 19...however, I lose one student tomorrow and my new count will be 18..exactly 9 girls and 9 boys. Makes same sex groups of 3 quite nice. I was exhausted everyday after school, but this week I have gotten a better system and am not AS tired as I was. I think I can really get the hang of this. I'm a slacker and haven't taken pictures of my classroom. I have pictures of my students, but well, that isn't very fun to look at 18 kids that you don't know. I love Endeavour (my school). It is absolutely wonderful. Everyone has been really nice to me and is making me feel like it is home.

As for dance, I have been teaching my same two classes on Thursday nights. My new batch of girls isn't what I'm used to. I have a lot of new girls who just aren't at the level they should be. It makes my choreography a bit more difficult but I can manage. I am enjoying whipping their butts into shape! But then again, that's my forte! Company will start next week with a meeting and officially the following week. I am excited because I can do more work this year, but we lost a lot of girls this last year and so I'm bummed about that. Brittany (after baby) and Kelsie (when in the state) I am leaving this as an open invitation to come take my tap and/or jazz classes on Thursday nights. It would definitely liven things up!! I think Desiree will even come take when she is in town!!

Anyway, that is pretty much all I have to update right now. I hope to have some classroom pictures up soon!!

4 comments:

BrittanyB said...

I have been meaning to call you every night for like the last week! I seriously want to come to your classroom one of these days and pretend i'm a parent helper or something ;) And I will definitely come take your class when I'm no longer the size of a boat.

Unknown said...

Shoot, I'm just stoked to have been given a personal shout out from callie! wahoo... haha, it sounds like you got your work cut out for you at the studio. I start teaching a small group lyrical this weekend for competition, and i am having the hardest time with it for some reason. Anyway, the class sounds like fun, who woulda thought YOU would enjoy 19 5 yr olds.... never in my wildest dreams...

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I just read your Shanking comment... That would definitely deserve a shank for sure, but through the computer... now that would be impressive :)

Anonymous said...

hey Callie, how do I link t your blog?