Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Just missing "home"

As sad as it may sound, I really miss Bakersfield. For those of you who still live in Bakersfield, you think I am insane. And if you would have told me before I moved here that in 3 years I would want to go back, I would have said you were insane. But alas, I really do miss Bako.

It is so flippin expensive to live here. Yeah there is tons to do, but I don't have very much free time because I have to work 2 jobs to pay my bills. It's a Catch 22. There is so much traffic...I would kill to drive on Rosedale Highway during rushour. It would be a breeze compared to the 405 and 55. And I'm only in Orange County. It could be worse=Los Angeles.

One good thing that I am definitely happy about is meeting John. If I hadn't moved here, I would never have met him. He is best. So, Orange County isn't all THAT bad!

I guess I'm just venting. I wish there was a way to have the best of both worlds. The weather here. The prices there. My family. Dance. You know. Things that aren't possible. Oh well.

5 comments:

BrittanyB said...

word my friend, word.I never thought I would miss Bako either, but 6 years later I'm really happy to be going back ;)

BrittanyB said...

I know! I can't believe it's been that long either. On one had it seems like I just left but on the other soooooooo much has happened since then!

Unknown said...

can't agree with you more. lame huh. but bakersfield really wasn't as bad as we thought.

BrittanyB said...

no, it sorta was when we lived there because of our stage in life. It kinda sucks to be teenagers in Bako, but as older married/relationship people everyone we need is there ;)

Unknown said...

how funny are you? Can I tell you that i love the fact that you have a britney rant on your blog? Of course.