Sunday, August 12, 2007

Job Search Progress

So, we have been in Bakersfield for a little over a month now. We are all settled in of course. John is getting used to things here and is actually pretty good about finding his way around...well at least in the Northwest part of town. School starts here in a week and I wasn't hired for a full time position. That means I will be subbing for the next year. Things happen and teachers get hired mid year and what not, so that is always a possibility, but for now I'm just planning on subbing. Right now I'm signed up with 2 districts. I plan to get on 2 more lists as well. That should keep me busy, from what I hear. I will also be teaching a couple of classes at my dance studio. I'm excited to get back into dance. I'm so out of shape, but it will be fun!

As for John, he is still seaching. He has been checking online since we got here and applying to any kind of accounting/finance job. No bites yet. It's a little discouraging, but it's only been a month. He has also applied to a bunch of restaurants. He is hoping to get a bartending job while he keeps looking for a day job. If anyone knows of any openings in a restaurant or office, let me know. He just needs to get his foot in the door and get a start here. He's pretty open.

Anyway, not much else to update. I will keep posting any new things that come along!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

office job eh?!? well you know renee right? that should work great!! hahaha... actually, walter will be starting that same search once graduation is over from what i understand... but who knows, he may stay at SJVPMG for years to come. what do i know?!? :) anyway, goodluck with the job hunt, i wish you lived here, i could give you one of my millions of jobs for the next year :) so what if its not real teaching!
xoxoxoxox