Tuesday, August 28, 2007

School Days

So it has been awhile since my last post. I haven't had too much new to add but I thought I would post a tiny update on life here. So school started for us here in Bakersfield back on the 20th. We start a bit earlier here...Orange County doesn't even start until after Labor Day! Well I will be subbing at a few districts this year in hopes to get a permanent teaching job. But because not too many teachers call out during the first two weeks, I haven't had a sub job. I wasn't expecting to though. So instead I have been working back at the office (where I worked before I left Bakersfield). They have been really great. I have just been helping out wherever they need me. They have been flexible with all my school stuff...meetings, orientations, etc. I might even work some days here and there once subbing picks up. Every little bit helps! Dance starts next week and I will be teaching 2 classes. I'm a bit nervous because I haven't TAKEN a class in 3 years...so teaching will be interesting. So we will see how that goes. I'm also taking 2 classes. I'm excited about that. The extra exercise will be nice! I get bored on that treadmill everyday! This will add some variety!

As for John he is still on the job hunt. He got a part time job at a restaurant here though. It should be good for him just to give him something to do. I think he was getting quite bored. But we are optimistic about him finding a job in the next month or so!

The kids, Penny and Scooter are doing well. They spend most of their day running around the backyard and jumping in the little swimming pool. Scooter has a permanent spot out by the back fence. He has a friend from the house behind us. He just loves sitting there and staring at that dog over there. Most of the time the dog doesn't even come to the fence. Silly Scooter. I don't know if it's a girl or boy. I'm guessing girl and he has a crush on her!

Oh well, no pictures to post right now. We are going to Orange County this weekend to see an Angel game! I'm sure I will have pictures to post then! Until next time....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha, the office is good at suckin ya in when you go back huh?! no worries, it happens to the best of us :)
I can't believe i just heard callie clanahan admit she has doubts about teaching. well, the fact that you said it out loud makes it worse! your going to be great at it, and you know it. Stuff like that has been drilled into you for your entire life, it doesn't go away that quick.
well goodluck!! :) have fun and let me know how that goes!