Friday, May 25, 2007

The News

So...I finally posted "the blog" on my myspace that announces THE MOVE. It was actually a bit difficult to figure out what I wanted to say. People are finding out that we are leaving Orange County and just about every single person has something negative to say about BAKERSFIELD. But strangely enough, none of them have even ever been there. DRIVING THROUGH DOES NOT COUNT. Anyway, I got tired of explaining WHY. And mind you, I have plenty of negatives about Orange County but I will only name two:

1. Expensive.
2. Traffic.

I don't really even have to go past that. If you are the type of person who likes to go to bars and nightclubs every night and just party all the time, then of course Bakersfield is NOT for you. It isn't exactly known for the night life. However, if you are just looking to buy a house, start a career, get married, and start a family...then Bakersfield IS for you. And I think that's where I am heading...much of a surprise to me and YOU! I never thought I would be this person I have become. But I like it.

And don't even get me started on it being HOT! Dude at least in Bakersfield everyone has a pool AND air conditioning. I am still shocked that people in Orange County don't have air conditioning! It reaches 100 here too! Geez. And nobody has a big enough yard for a pool, so forget that. And besides, Bakersfield is only really hot for maybe 3 months. Then its perfectly fine!

Hopefully between this blog and the myspace blog, people will at least stop asking "why?" I am starting to feel like a broken record...and its only been 3 days since the news broke! AH!!!

5 comments:

Bradon said...

well i'm glad you are coming back, and i'm not as surprised as you are about becoming the person you are becoming. And I agree, Bako may have sucked as teenagers, but as a place to start a family it's perfect. And I have access to 2 pools that you are always welcome at ;)

Unknown said...

oh YAY! i'm so happy your going back home. that will be so much fun, and what is this about wedding bells?? AHH, i can't wait! :) the house shopping will be fun, and of course, the career thing should be great. corky just told me bakersfield is in desperate need of teachers. (that is what your doing right?) can i just tell you how jealous i am. i never thought i would admit it, but i miss home too.

BrittanyB said...

ugh, this computer is gay and keeps logging me on as mom!

BrittanyB said...

okay, definitly see Pirates 1 and forget they ever made sequels. I wish I had never seen the other two. But ya, Bobby will be speaking spanish, but walter says it will be "weird italian sounding spanish". Bradon really doesn't speak spanish, they nixed the dual-immersion program after they were in like 3rd grade so he really didn't pick it up too well. I own pirates if you would like to borrow it when you come to town. Or we can steal the projector screen from the office and have a big screen movie night of it ;)

Stef (a.k.a. Cuatro's Mom) said...

Bakersfield Rules. And I want to come to the projector screen movie night with you and Britt.