Thursday, May 31, 2007

Feedback, poop, and graduation!

Well, it's been awhile since my last post. A few things have changed. I finished up at Original Mike's on Tuesday. And in true fashion, my power in my office was shut off that day on accident. Sigh, oh how ridiculous the OM is. It's strange really, because although I spent a large amount of time there, it hasn't really set in completely that I am free!! I have been able to sleep in the last two days...well sleep in until Penny and Scooter are ready to eat at 8am! It has been nice.

The feedback from the news of "the move" has been okay. I think most of our friends understand why we are leaving, but many of them still don't understand why we are choosing Bakersfield. I will miss a lot of things about Orange County, including many of the people I have met here. Ever since I moved here in August 2004, I have wished for the best of both worlds. But I had to make a choice and Bakersfield is going to have to be it...for now. I don't know what is in store for us, but I'm hoping it's something great. We are taking a small day trip up there on Monday to check out places to live. We have 3 places lined up. It doesn't seem like a lot, but when you have dogs, the choices are LIMITED. So, we are keeping our fingers crossed that one of those places works!

On other news, Penny has a new fun little habit. I know it is gross to talk about, but in a way it's kind of funny too. Only funny now that I can look back on it! Well the other day I came home and saw some poop on the carpet in the living room. I knew Penny had an "accident." She is still learning, so I wasn't that mad. But then I noticed it wasn't fresh AT ALL. So, I thought, that's weird. Then looked over and saw more poop. Then I saw some on the couch! At this point I was completely disgusted and reaching for the disinfectant! It seems as though Miss Penelope Pie Puplington enjoys the occasional piece of poop! How gross is that? Why oh why would she want to eat that? Well it hasn't stopped there. I have to constantly watch her. She hasn't brought any more inside yet but we are pooper scooping as soon as a deposit has been made! Today I found her "stash" and disposed of it! So gross.

Enough about that. Hopefully I will have some more pictures up. We went to John's sister, Jamie's graduation last night. I of course took no pictures with MY camera! She graduated with her BA in Business Marketing from CSU Long Beach. It made me really glad I didn't walk at my college graduation. She only had 800 grads or so...mine had like a couple thousand. So not interested!! But seeing Jamie graduate was pretty cool. What a great accomplishment. The speaker said something like they were in the top 25th percentile of the country's population because they graduated. Most people clapped. I just thought, wow, how sad. So many people don't go to college, let alone graduate. Although its a great thing, it's really sad that they are ONLY the top 25th percentile. Shouldn't there be MORE people going to college and graduating!? Our country has no educational values. And it's just getting worse. Instead of focusing on educating our kids, who by the way are the future of this country, we are more focused on updating the status of Paris Hilton's jail sentence or whether Lindsay Lohan is in rehab AGAIN at the age of 20. It's ridiculous and exhausting.

I have said my piece for the night! Maybe next time there will be more pictures and less ranting! We shall see! Congrats to Jamie Horn! She's all done with college...bring on the real world!

5 comments:

BrittanyB said...

Alright your dog is sick! Seriously. If you have a spare minute or two on monday let me know so I can come say hi. If not I totally understand, it's gonna be a hectic day for ya. good luck!

Anonymous said...

*waves hello at Callie*

Angela said...

Hey, i made a blog, so ya...ha

Unknown said...

ok the poop thing is just wierd. and gross. but then again, they alos "clean" themselves. so what can ya do?!
i just have to say "word" to the rest of your ranting.
who cares about paris or the used-to-be redhead, o whats her name? hmm... o well
peace!

BrittanyB said...

How did the hunting go? Our house is in the NE so you'll have to venture up that way and come swimming this summer ;)