Sunday, June 10, 2007

The little things...

Hello. Just a quick blog today. Many of you do not know that I have been dieting and exercising like a crazy person...crazy for ME, that is. Anyway, my gym buddy Torie and I started going to the gym twice a week. That soon progressed to 4 times a week. I also got a treadmill and have been walking at least 2 miles each day...sometimes I run, but that hurts my large boobs! haha! I cut out soda from my regular diet...which let me tell you, was EXTREMELY difficult. Right away I lost 5 pounds. Now I have worked soda back into my diet but not nearly as much and only DIET..I know it's hard to believe. I usually drink at least 2 bottles of water a day. If I don't drink a soda, its more like 4 bottles of water.

Anyway, Torie has been losing a lot of weight really quickly because she is actually on a diet plan/program and is sticking to it great. I on the other hand, have just been watching what I eat and making my portions smaller. The other day I flipped over the bread pacakge and to my disgust realized that my slice of bread was 120 calories PER PIECE!! Everything I eat pretty much has to have a label for me to read now. It's crazy because I have NEVER been like this in my life. I gained ALOT of weight after I stopped dancing and moved to Orange County. I didn't feel good about myself at all. I had to buy all new LARGER clothes which is NEVER fun. So THAT is what has inspired me to start losing weight. Well that and the looks I get from the dance girls and some family members when I come home. And even some small comments here and there in the negative direction. I didn't appreciate it but realized the only thing I could do was to lose the weight. I am doing this to feel better and to be healthier. It's important to do things for yourself.

So to wrap this nice little blog up...today I went to the gym and weighed myself. My new weight has me at a total loss of 12 pounds! This may not seem like a lot to most people, but to me its incredible! I am so excited! And the best part of all...I came home and tried on my size 8 jeans which I have not worn in about 2 years! They FINALLY fit!!! I'm hoping to lose a few more pounds before I come home for the recital. But now I have to spend a few bucks and buy some smaller clothes. All my pants are falling off me!! Yay!

The only down side to this is once I move home to Bakersfield I won't have my gym buddy Torie! I will need a new buddy! Any takers?

12 pounds...it's the little things in life that make me happy!

2 comments:

BrittanyB said...

I am soooo there! I need a work-out buddy or I don't work out, and my post baby self needs to work out. Congrats on the weight loss!

Angela said...

I know what thats like. In high school i gained a lot of weight and had to cut back and start working out...GOODLUCK!