Saturday, June 16, 2007

Moving

So our moving date is approaching quickly and it's starting to set in a bit. I'm getting nervous and excited...but mostly nervous. I think John is excited only for the reason of not having to work. I think moving will be more difficult for him than he thinks. Anyway, we are still waiting for the final word from the rental office about our actual moving date. They are going to give us a date when we can move in, but most likely we will actually move in on a later date. Right now we are tentatively planning on Saturday July 7th. Hopefully nothing happens to push that date back because then we would be pushing it with our apartment here.

The packing has begun. John brought me around 20 boxes from the T-shirt outlet. They always have the best boxes! Anyway, I pretty much packed up the spare bedroom a week or so ago. Now the packing has stalled. I am feeling overwhelmed. I like having boxes for each room/area filled. I don't like mixing rooms. But there are so many things we are still using, it is becoming frustrating. I can't pack a lot of things. I'm going to figure something out this week so I can pack a couple more boxes. There HAS to be something for me to pack around here!

On another note, I will be in Bakersfield on Thursday for the dress rehearsal for the dance recital. I will be leaving early on Sunday morning though because of course I have another wedding to attend...but this one is in Orange County. This year has actually been a relatively quiet one for weddings and that pleases me. Those things can get expensive and tiresome with traveling.

So, I just might see a few of you while I'm in town. If not, no worries...I will be back for good before you know it!

2 comments:

BrittanyB said...

I feel your angst on the packing issue. Oh, and we found that the big boxes that they ship Cereal in worked really really well. Perfect size, super sturdy. See ya thursday! woohoo!

Unknown said...

i am so jealous of you for being at the show this year! i really wish i could be there to see it all, but i'm not jealous at all of your packing issues. i understand that frustration all TOO well! luckily, with the military (as i'm finding out) they move FOR YOU! so a bunch of guys show up the morning your leaving and pack EVERYTHING for you, and then take it all and unload it at your new house. its a great bonus :)
have fun at recital. give jennifer crafton a hug for me, and try not to create any casualties during the weekend! :)