Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Sighting

So, as many of you know, I work at a restaurant in Costa Mesa/Newport Beach called La Cave. It's underground and cave-like, hence the name. Anyway, we have gotten our share of celebrities in for dinner or entertainment. Dennis Rodman, Nikky Hilton, Leif Garret, etc. etc. Anyway, I was just mentioning to John how I had yet to see one of these "celebrities." WELL, wouldn't you know...I saw one tonight. I don't normally work on Wednesday nights, but I was filling in for Jesse as the hostess. I was told the owner was coming in for dinner with a few friends. I didn't really believe who he said he was coming in with, cuz, well, he was a celebrity. Anyway, later on, I turn around and the elevator opens at about 8:30 tonight and out strolls the "guest." It was none other than Jaleel White...to those of you who don't know him by his real name...it was STEVE URKEL from Family Matters! Anyway, because I was the hostess I got to chat a bit with him and his friends while they waited for their table to be ready. It was very strange. Nobody noticed him except employees...its pretty dark down there. He was a very nice guy...super polite. I was bummed cuz I couldn't be all cheesy and ask for a picture because:

1. He was eating dinner...its kinda fancy.
2. He was at the table with the owner...not a good idea for pictures.

So there ya go. I have three days left at La Cave and I finally see my celebrity. Hey, its Orange County...it's not L.A. It's not like we have celebrities on every corner. So it's pretty cool when you get to see someone you watched every week on TV in the flesh!

So yes, I'm a cheeseball. I was excited to meet him. I'm not ashamed to admit it.

No comments: